11.11.04

A-N-T-M spells MOON

Last night's episode of ANTM taught us that although they may be recent ivy league college gradutes-- Yaya-- or, um, determined to be America's Next Top PLUS SIZED Model-- Toccara-- each uttered the sort of crap that makes me shudder... not in embarassment, but in the way that makes me wonder if they think about what they say before it comes out of their mouths.



Yaya-- where the hell did she go to school anyway?-- really spelled it out for Norelle when she let her know that there were nine figurative blocks on which the word C-O-M-P-E-T-I-T-I-O-N was spelled. At last count, the word competition has 11 letters. I just sincerely feel that Rain Man would be the only person that would be able to simultaneously spell and count the number of letters in a word and announce both in a sentence without pausing the count on their fingers. But maybe I'm the asshole who sits and counts out the letters after someone alphabetically counts something. No me importa.





Later, Toccara announced that she was "F-A-B-O-lous". Like, she spelled "f," then "a," then "b," then "o," and enunciated the remainder of the word. Maybe I'm uppity about spelling and grammar. But I know that if I wasn't the best speller, I wouldn't half spell/half pronounce a word-- especially on television. But I guess Toccara wasn't aware of this. And neither was Tyra when, at the end of the episode, as Toccara was getting the boot, she asked where the old Toccara was, the "F-O-B-O-lous" Toccara.


There was also a smattering of racial issues that came up in the episode that I will refrain from writing about since it involved dashikis and african print hats. Let's just say that Rebecca Weinberg aka STYLIST TO THE STARS told Yaya she was too ethnic. A touchy subject. A subject that Yaya loves to touch.


What could only be considered the highlight of the episode was Diva Eva faltering under the pressure of a TARANTULA!!! Her tear and snot stained image will forever live on in ANTM history. Eva: I limp wristedly salute you and your dumb spider. I hope you lose.








No comments: