18.1.05

Tlon, Uqbar, or Orbus Tertius?


I've been biting my tongue about this for the past few days.... maybe you've heard of the man who accidentally got a nail stuck in his head? When I first heard the story, I was thinking, "how do you get a nail in your head and not know about it until you go to the dentist?" Was there no blood? Did it go in through his nose and magically hit the "no memory" epicenter in the brain? Did he have his mouth open while gaping at the ceiling? I hope that you noticed, also, in the linked article that the neurosurgeon attending Lawler's injury noted that this is the SECOND time someone has gotten a nail in the head and not noticed. I want to know how they didn't note his remarkable resemblance to famous-but-I-don't-really-know-why phone sex addict Colin Farrell.
Phineas Gage was another guy that got something stuck in his brain... and he wound up being a really, really big jerk.
Speaking of big jerks, I love the news that Spiderman has turned into a great big fatso.

No comments: