14.8.05

Catch Up



I really, really love magazines. The stacks and stacks in my living room attest to this. While I have become increasingly more picky about the sort of magazine I subscribe to, I am certainly not above a magazine like Instyle. Laugh all you want... I like the full length shots of starlets wearing really, really fancy dresses. I didn't realize that with the subscription, an additional magazine called Instyle Makeover would come along in the mail. Whatevs... pictures of the same old haircut, same old matchy matchy bag and shoe combinations are abundant. In the back, however, is a section that covers--to the point of smothering--the before and after phenomena of tools and creams that promise the usual: bigger boobs, fuller lips, and more shapely brows. However, this covers two "beauty items" I shudder to think of in use: glue-on toenails courtesy of Revlon (pg. 135 for those of you following along), clip-on teeth that aren't for Halloween from Manhattan Dental Arts (pg. 137). While I can see the use of both-- someone has to use these, right?-- the clip on toenails seem downright clownish and the clip-on teeth are almost like a venture into dentures.

Remember this kid from that MTV show "I Want A Famous Face"? He and his brother wanted to look more like Brad Pitt. Voila.

Shut the fuck up. Fantasy Fashion League? You mean like Fantasy Football without the footballs and with clothes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you like that pic, check out this site
http://www.nailpassion.com/famousftnx.htm