21.8.04

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I love double doubles like I love babies-- a lot. There's a story I could tell here about just eating there, but I will refrain. It would be pointless. It would be long. It involved french fries and the drive through.

I was thinking last night about this post and how much it sucked. So I'm adding some very special information.

The secret menu
Animal Style: bun is toasted, mustard is added, onions are grilled, has more of that delicious sauce, extra pickles (personal fave). You can also order your fries animal style-- it's a little much, but my brother loves them.

Protein style: burger is wrapped in lettuce... for those of you on a diet, or the wheat intolerant (hi!)

Wish burger: a veggie burger for you cow lovers

Flying Dutchman: Two pieces of meat and two slices of cheese. Is that all you ask? It is. That is all. Meat and cheese.

Double double: two patties, two slices of cheese

Four by Four: four patties, four slices of cheese (it's intense)

Five by Five: I have heard of this being ordered and actually finished. It makes my stomach hurt.

Two by Four: two patties, four slices of cheese. You really have to love cheese if you order this because it is everywhere. I think it's disgusting. I hate too much yellow cheese. It's like runny poop. blech.

Grilled cheese: Like a hamburger without the meat.

Well done fries: extra crispy! I have to mention that In N Out fries don't taste like french fries anywhere else. They cut them right there and fry them in vegetable oil. They are incredibly fresh. I think I prefer the kind that would clog up my arteries. The In N Out fries take some time to love.

and the shakes.....
Neopolitan: They mix up chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry just for you. These shakes are made out of real ice cream. They are amazing. I judge the quality of shakes by the taste, obvs, but most importantly by the headache you get from trying to get that shit through the straw. If I have to give up and use the straw like a spoon, WE HAVE A WINNER!

The story behind In N Out is fairly fantastic: it began in 1948, remains a family owned, privately held company, and they grind their own beef in their own facilities and their own drivers drive the beef, tomatoes, bread, lettuce, cheese, ice cream to each location every day. I heard from a very reliable source (a friend at one of his lectures) that when he does eat fast food, he only eats at In N Out. Their employees also wear super cute outfits and many of them seem to be blonde. Very interesting. This could just be a California thing (all In N Out locations are in California, except a couple new spots in Arizona and Nevada (Las Vegas hello).

No comments: